A Thing of the Past


Lately I’ve had more time for genealogy-related activities (and my other hobbies which include miniatures and scrapbooking). That’s one of the reasons I decided to start this genealogy blog.
Time flies when you’re having fun, or even just living life. I’ve been marveling at the fact that after twenty-two years, I still have a “thing” for genealogy. I’ve been doing it for so long that some of my research notes deserve a place in the family archives.
Recently, I went back through my research notebook on the Smith family of Ontario, Canada and found my notes from when I took my then four-month-old daughter across the Canadian border. With me was her father and his grandmother, Mabel. Mabel was showing us local cemeteries in the area where her family members were buried. Mabel passed away about ten years after that, my daughter is now eighteen and her father and I have been separated and divorced for about eight years. We just never know what the future holds, I guess. I’m so glad I took the time then to find out what I could about the past. My notes show that even what we consider the present eventually becomes a thing of the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COG: The Love of Reading

Bannerman Family Mystery

Friday Faces from the Past: Moorefield