Monday, January 2, 2012

Literary Review

I've always been a book lover. The above photograph is an image of a bookbag that was given to me by my work colleagues when I was about 20 years old. It brings back memories of winter vacations curled up with a big thick book. I would stay in bed and read for days on end.

Because it was my birthday and an extra-long holiday weekend, I went to my local library on Thursday to pick up a good read, preferrably something nice and thick. I found it in the new book section and finished reading it just a little while ago. And it just blew me away, so I have to tell you about it. It's called the Dovekeepers, by Alice Hoffman. Here's a link to the author's website: The Dovekeepers.

It is a very moving story, set in Israel in 70 C.E. I just loved how the author breathed into life a story based on dry, historical artifacts uncovered in the dusty layer of generations gone by. For lovers of all things history, it's definitely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment