Literary Review

I've always been a book lover. The above photograph is an image of a bookbag that was given to me by my work colleagues when I was about 20 years old. It brings back memories of winter vacations curled up with a big thick book. I would stay in bed and read for days on end.

Because it was my birthday and an extra-long holiday weekend, I went to my local library on Thursday to pick up a good read, preferrably something nice and thick. I found it in the new book section and finished reading it just a little while ago. And it just blew me away, so I have to tell you about it. It's called the Dovekeepers, by Alice Hoffman. Here's a link to the author's website: The Dovekeepers.

It is a very moving story, set in Israel in 70 C.E. I just loved how the author breathed into life a story based on dry, historical artifacts uncovered in the dusty layer of generations gone by. For lovers of all things history, it's definitely worth the read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COG: The Love of Reading

Bannerman Family Mystery

Friday Faces from the Past: Moorefield