Bloggers Dilemma



I have a dilemma. I don’t have time to keep this blog fresh. It’s dear to my heart, though, and I don’t want to abandon it forever. It’s just that life is so daily right now and I have to reserve time for the living. I anticipate that I won’t always be this busy, but for the foreseeable future, probably. My children are in their late teens/early adult years and well, that takes up a lot of my time. I can see myself working on getting them launched for the next 5+ years. Add to that a somewhat demanding day job and other outside obligations and here I am posting some five months after my last one.

But sometimes I still have some great ideas for blog posts. And I’m always one binder away from delving into the pastime of family history. It’s just that my time for such things does not stretch for days on end as it once did. Instead I can only snatch minutes here and there, sometimes longer stretches, but the time in between when I can’t fit it in at all can turn into a span of weeks and months.

I don’t know what the proper blog protocol is. Can I keep it as is and just add to it when I can? It still attracts cousins every now and then with the content already there. Should I revamp it to incorporate guest bloggers or other posts? Should I just ask other genealogy bloggers if I could guest blog when I do have a good blog post idea?

What’s a blogger to do? Again I’m not sure what proper protocol but I may just do what I can when I can and call it enough. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COG: The Love of Reading

Bannerman Family Mystery

Friday Faces from the Past: Moorefield